Allied leads the refractory industry in the development and application of dry vibratable technology for steel ladle safety linings.
With the introduction of LADLE VIBE® 88 in the late 1980s, Allied became the first refractory producer in the world to apply dry vibe technology to steel ladle safety linings. Replacing brick linings with dry vibratable materials offer the following advantages:
- better resistance to steel penetration.
- improved operating safety
- reduced operating cost
Products in this series offering special benefits include:
- patented technology offering a 45% reduction in thermal conductivity
- substantially lower steel shell temperature.
- greater heat retention in working linings
- saves energy and money
LADLE VIBE® NO BOND
- intermediate safety backfill between working and safety lining
- strong monolithic barrier to penetration
- separates cleanly without buildup on safety brick
- faster installation of working linings
See more LADLE-VIBE products
- designed to zone in highest wear areas behind the working lining
DRI-CAST 581A and 591A
- designed for hot patching high wear areas of the working lining
- installed by tossing the material into a hot ladle
- forms a strong refractory hot patch with high permeability
- improves stir plug reliability